The following guidelines, together with the Raffle River Terms of Service and any other Raffle River rules, policies or procedures, govern all use of the Services (as defined in the Raffle River Terms of Service) to organize, create, manage, sponsor, sell tickets, sell entries to, promote or operate any raffles:
- All raffles must be organized, created, managed, sponsored, and promoted in all respects in strict compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign laws. Compliance with such laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, establishing official rules, registering with governmental authorities, if necessary, and refraining from selling raffle tickets over the Internet where prohibited is the sole responsibility of the Raffle Manager. Please consult with an attorney if you have questions about legal compliance.
- Raffle River does not permit Organizations, Raffle Managers or Ticket Sellers to direct raffles to residents of the State of Montana.
- All raffles through which tickets may be purchased online must provide a mailing address to Ticket Buyers where such Buyers may obtain one free entry.
- Raffle River does not permit Organizations, Raffle Managers or Ticket Sellers to direct raffles to children under the age of 13, nor does Raffle River permit children under the age of 13 to purchase raffle tickets. Raffle Managers are responsible for obtaining parental consent for all ticket buyers under the age of majority in particular jurisdictions.
- You agree not to use Services other than for raffles for the purpose of fundraising activities for nonprofits, clubs, schools, associations, etc.
- You agree not to award a prize of tobacco, alcohol, gasoline, dairy, weapons, prescription drugs, pornography, real estate or any interest therein, bonds, shares of stock, securities or evidences of indebtedness, live animals (except a gift certificate redeemable for live, edible seafood), foreign or domestic coins (except collector pieces or sets that are marketed as such and are clearly not intended for use as legal tender), motor vehicle leases, or any merchandise refundable in any of the foregoing or as money or cash. Raffle River reserves the right to terminate its Services with respect to any raffle if it determines that the prize is inappropriate for any reason, in Raffle River’s sole discretion.
- Raffle River is not a sponsor, manager, administrator or operator of any raffle nor is Raffle River affiliated with any raffle, event or activity associated with the raffle. The official rules for every raffle must contain a statement that the raffle is in no way sponsored, endorsed, conducted, setup, controlled by or administered by, or associated with, Raffle River or Facebook and Twitter, as applicable.
- All taxes that may be owed in connection with a raffle are the responsibility of any prize winners, and Raffle River is also not responsible for any tax reporting obligations that may be imposed on any raffle sponsors or administrators.
- By using Raffle River you acknowledge your indemnification obligations pursuant to the Raffle River Terms of Service, which include full indemnification of Raffle River with respect to any claim, loss or damage arising in connection with the operation or promotion of any raffle in connection with the Services.
- The official rules for all raffles must contain a complete release from participants of Raffle River as well as Facebook and Twitter, as applicable, from any and all liability related in any way to such event.
- Raffle River Service is void where prohibited by law.
If Raffle River determines (in its sole discretion) at any time that any such raffle does not comply with these Raffle River Raffles Guidelines and the Raffle River Terms of Service, then Raffle River shall have the rights and remedies set forth in the Raffle River Terms of Service, including to alter, edit or remove such raffle or any part thereof, as well as the right to suspend or terminate the account holder.